Associate Software Engineer (LAUNCH Rotational Program - 2023 Grads)
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About this role:
Our entry point career programs are the key to our continued growth and long-term success. We foster an environment of exceptional professional development to ensure each of us can reach our full potential. This includes embracing diversity and actively removing barriers to support inclusion, engagement and growth at Gartner.
Gartner’s rotational program is a two-year development opportunity for high-potential individuals who are completing a Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. This is a unique opportunity to spend 24 months rotating through a variety of projects based upon interests and business needs, gaining exposure to varied technologies, accelerating your business acumen and enhancing your leadership competencies.
What you’ll do:
- Rotate through a full-time, two-year rotational program with 6 months assignments to gain exposure to various business functions and technologies.
- You will be actively integrated into the day to day operations of your project team, assuming full responsibility for tasks assigned to you, with guidance and mentorship from senior technical leads.
- You will collaborate with a global team of innovators to solve current business challenges.
- You will build technical skills in critical areas while partnering across the organization to solve business challenges.
- You will solve real business problems, working on real projects such as:
- Working on full-stack software initiatives using React, Node.js, Python, Java or .NET
- Deploying cutting-edge serverless cloud technologies such as Lambda, Step Functions, Kafka, SQS, SNS, etc.
- Leveraging high-availability cloud databases
- Developing NLP, AI and Machine Learning solutions
- You will employ a working knowledge of SDLC, SCRUM, and Agile methodologies
What you’ll need:
- Currently earning Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or related engineering field, OR recent college graduate with formal training/class work/internship work in software development
- Motivated, high-potential performer with a passion for leading and empowering others
- A team player who is willing to collaborate, innovate, and shape this program along with other initiatives within Gartner
- Project experience with web application technologies:
- Front End: Java Script, HTML/DHTML, React, Bootstrap, etc.
- Middle Tier: Python, Java/J2EE, node.js or .NET
- Back End: Relational databases (SQL), knowledge of NoSQL databases a plus
- Exposure to cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) preferred
- Knowledge of natural language processing and machine learning techniques a plus
- Ambition and interest in taking your career towards a technical leadership role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- U.S. work authorization required