When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an intern to join the biology R&D group. The group is focused on developing fluorescence-based reagents and assays for imaging and flow cytometry applications. The selected candidate will be part of an innovative and interdisciplinary team, with an opportunity to learn about product development and research activities in an industry setting. Under the supervision of a senior R&D scientist, the intern will work on project background research, planning and experimental assay development design. The intern will also provide laboratory hands-on support work for new reagent analytical characterization, and cell-based testing. They will perform data analysis, and present results to the broader R&D group.
How will you get there?
- Willingness to learn and be mentored
- Ability to work towards goals and results
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Proven excellent experimental design, execution, and data analysis
- Proven experimental accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience working with laboratory instrumentation and software
- Have a B.S. degree in chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology or related field
- On track to complete a master’s degree from an accredited university
Unrestricted US Work Authorization. Forms of OPT and CPT are restricted work authorization and are not accepted for this role
- Have at least one-year experience in a research laboratory setting
- Have experience with analytical methods such as UV/Vis and fluorescence spectroscopy
- Have Experience with cell culture and fluorescence cell and tissue imaging desirable
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.