Health Scientist (6135)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Health Scientist for our Health Sciences practice in Natick, MA; Bellevue, WA; Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; or Philadelphia, PL. In this role you will work as part of a team to provide scientific support to senior consultants on diverse projects related to human health, including longitudinal and clinical research studies. You will be mentored by other consultants in the practice and will have opportunities to collaborate with consultants in other science and engineering practices at Exponent.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and executing specific projects related to the research and development of new medical devices, new pharmaceuticals, consumer products, and consumer electronics
- Building partnerships with clinical networks and healthcare organizations
- Performing technical evaluations, analysis, and testing on the behalf of multinational medical device and pharmaceutical companies for the FDA
- Publishing at conferences and in peer-reviewed literature
- Assisting in marketing the group’s technical capabilities to clients and the scientific community
- Developing additional expertise and gaining additional industry exposure through our unique technical consulting services
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Masters or Ph.D. in Epidemiology, Public Health, Psychology, Biomedical Engineering, or a related engineering field
- Relevant industry or post-doc experience desirable
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills with the desire to be a strong technical and project contributor
- Ability to work on diverse technical teams comprised of biomedical engineers, mechanical engineers, materials scientists, data scientists, clinicians, etc.
- Research experience applicable to pharmaceuticals, medical devices, consumer products, or consumer electronics
- Familiarity with large-scale health or clinical research studies, including decentralized trials, is desirable
- Good Clinical Practice certified
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.