Senior Scientist (6145)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist for our Health Sciences Practice in Menlo Park, CA. In this role, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of Epidemiologists, Data Scientists and Health Economists together with Human Factors, Digital Health and Biomechanical Engineering experts to develop and integrate evidence that enables analytics and modeling providing strategic, tactical and technical solutions for life sciences firms, biopharmaceutical, device and diagnostics. Additionally, this role will be:
- Understanding patient need, unmet need and approaches for engagement using behavioral, clinical, economic and social inputs
- Optimizing therapy selection
- Quantifying the value of therapies
- Facilitating patient access
- Maximizing therapeutic value thru pricing and contracting
- Amplifying asset value by informing investment decisions across development, commercialization and lifecycle management
- Shaping health policy, payment and practice
You will be responsible for:
- Working with Managers, Principals and other colleagues in the Health Sciences Practice in developing strategic direction and tactical implementation using industry-leading predictive and economic models to enhance understanding of disease, treatment and patient experience that enables quantifying and communicating the value of developmental and commercial therapies to patients, providers, and payer
- Engaging with multi-disciplinary teams of Epidemiologists, Data Scientists and Health Economists together with Human Factors and Digital Health experts in developing health economic, disease, and predictive models to enable clinical and commercial insights with developmental and in-market products
- Participating in using pre-clinical, real world, clinical trial and published data together with other information available publicly or privately to provide economic and integrated clinical models that address options to optimize clinical development, commercialization and lifecycle management
- Supporting, developing, and implementing integrated quantitative approaches, focusing on economic, disease, and predictive modeling together with simulation and synthetic trials
- Leading enabled components of health economic models and tools providing clinical, economic and business insights that demonstrates value of products
- Informing elements for training on models and tools to support client teams in adaptations and communications with relevant stakeholders
- Engaging in creating thought leadership on using pre-clinical, real world, clinical trial and published data together with other information available publicly or privately to provide economic and integrated clinical models that address options to optimize clinical development, commercialization and lifecycle management via presentations at congresses and publications
- Working with client teams and external stakeholders including, but not limited to: clinical & economic thought leaders, payer & HTA experts assuring that methods, models and advanced analytics are fully implemented in achieving value, access and use
- Contributing to building awareness of data, methods and tools
- Fostering collaboration with internal colleagues and enhancing capabilities across Exponent deploying modeling, simulation, and data visualization
- Supporting the engagement of new clients and expanding scope of work with current clients
- Participating in developing and delivering presentations and proposals securing client engagements
- Ensuring execution is consistent with best practices across all engagements
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. (Preferred) or Masters degree, in Health Economics, Biostatistics, Public Policy, Public Health, Actuarial Sciences or a related quantitative discipline
- Relevant experience in the economic evaluation of biopharmaceutical therapies, devices and diagnostics including use of digital therapeutics and technologies as part of activities leading to the PhD or of 2+ years for a Masters degree
- Experience in design, specification, development and use integrated evidence leveraging resources including, but not limited to pre-clinical, real world, clinical trial, registry and published data together with other information available publicly or privately
- Work in conceptualization, design, development and dissemination of evidence-based economic models (e.g., Cost-Cost, Cost-Benefit, Cost-Effectiveness, QALY Development) enabling access, use, value and price for US and global markets
- Knowledge in developing predictive models enabling clinical and commercial insights guiding decision-making for development, commercialization and lifecycle management
- Experience in executing projects thru implementation
- Participation in preparation and submission of dossiers and supporting models to Health Technology Assessment bodies and other commercial as well as governmental payer entities in the US and globally
- Skills in cross-functional engagement demonstrating the ability to interact with individuals from a variety of disciplines
- Understanding of requirements to optimize value, access and use in the US and global markets
- Conference presentations and publications including in peer-reviewed journals (Preferred)
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.