Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts with degrees from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Toxicologist for our Health Sciences Practice in Alexandria, VA. In this role, you will work as part of a team to conduct toxicological assessments in a variety of sectors (e.g., medical device; pharmaceutical; consumer products) and applications (e.g., extractables and leachables; biocompatibility; regulatory submissions; risk assessments for a variety of exposures). You will be responsible for providing support to other toxicologists, as well as scientists and engineers in other Practices, and consistent with Exponent’s model for professional development, you will be mentored by senior consultants in the Health Sciences Practice and have opportunities to collaborate with other groups, including our Biomedical Engineering & Sciences, Polymer Science & Materials Chemistry, and Environmental Sciences Practices.
You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and summarizing scientific literature and study reports from various analytical and toxicological testing
- Managing and analyzing data generated from project tasks and applied research studies
- Contributing to the development of complex technical reports
- Organizing project-related materials
- Interfacing with clients over email and telephone, and in-person
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Toxicology, Pharmacology, or a related discipline
- Commitment to publishing in the peer-reviewed literature, presenting at scientific conferences, and active involvement in professional societies
- Diplomat of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT) or related certification, or willingness to become board certified
- Sound scientific principles, flexibility, and willingness to learn new things for conducting other types of toxicological studies and risk assessments
- Excellent communication, organization, writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to effectively present calculations in Excel spreadsheets (additional quantitative skills are a plus)
- Must be self-motivated, highly detail-oriented, adaptable, effective with time management, and capable of working independently and cooperatively in diverse teams
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.