Human Health Toxicologist (6126)
Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable, and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Human Health Toxicologist for our Center for Chemical Regulation and Food Safety in Washington, DC. The individual in this position will be responsible for providing support to other human health toxicologists and regulatory consultants. This person will have opportunities to collaborate with other Exponent practice areas.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting literature reviews by reading and summarizing scientific literature and study reports
- Providing toxicology support to regulatory and technical staff (industrial, pesticide/agricultural, consumer, veterinary medicine products)
- Authoring waiver submissions
- Placing and monitoring toxicology studies at contract research organizations
- Contributing to the development of complex technical reports
- Organizing project-related materials
- Interacting with clients in-person, via email and phone
- Participating in client meetings
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Background or training in human health toxicology or risk assessment
- Ph.D. in Toxicology, Pharmacology, or a related discipline; Masters degree also considered
- Post-doc or professional experience (1-3 years) in Toxicology is a plus
- Diplomat of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT) or related certification is preferred or willingness to become board certified
- Sound scientific principles, flexibility, and willingness to learn
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, adaptable, effective with time management, and capable of working independently and cooperatively in diverse teams
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may email us at HR-Accommodations@exponent.com.