Electronic Waste Technician
Job Posting for Electronic Waste Technician
Amentum is looking for an individual who will serve a critical role in supporting a Fortune 500 client in achieving their strategic waste reduction objectives. The selected candidate will be working full time in the Solid Waste and Recycling Program at one of the client’s campuses, located in Santa Clara, California.
The ideal applicant for this position will demonstrate a passion for sustainability, have a real interest in client service, learn quickly and understand back-of-house operations at a corporate facility. This position will focus on the flow and disposal of electronic waste (e-waste), and non-hazardous wastes made of metal or plastic for general recycle. Objects selected for recycling may include cords, cables, adaptors, chargers, headsets, copper heat sinks, keyboards, computer peripherals, printers, glare screen covers, central processing unit casings, standard batteries (e.g., alkaline, lithium, nickel-cadmium) and similar materials. Items will be collected and transported from approved and established collection points to designated on-site locations, as agreed upon with the Amentum site team, the Environmental Health and Safety organization and the customer.
• Manages and supports client work order completion.
• Coordinates the collection and flow of e-waste from point of generation to disposal.
• Packages waste for transport, coordinates, and processes shipping paperwork to customer standards and supports the shipping process.
• Collects e-waste from key generators throughout the various site buildings on route and consolidates the waste stream for processing.
• Properly segregates waste by classification as defined by the customer and the site EHS team.
• Conducts quarterly e-waste recycling events and related project work.
• Identifies waste materials for donation and supports site donation efforts.
• Works with site team for special projects, moves and activities which generate e-waste.
• Provides basic customer service when operating onsite or interacting with site employees.
• Works with subcontractors for the effective maintenance of reoccurring e-waste cabinet service.
• Maintains the supply and equipment inventory used for the collection and shipment of waste.
• Coordinates and arranges for the shipment and delivery of waste to recycling vendors.
• Assists in program training and supports the training and mentoring of new hires.
• Collects and reports basic level of data to report daily operations and time spent.
• Oversees the management of and access to e-waste processing areas.
• Two years of related work experience and/or equivalent educational experience.
• Basic experience with phone and email communications.
• Ability to manage time and priorities and grow to become subject matter expert.
• Detail oriented with solid written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as part of a multi-functional, geographically disperse team.
• Can effectively manage multiple tasks and has the commitment to drive solutions.
• Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen test.
• Able to lift to 45 pounds.
The pay range for this position is $27 to $39 an hour. If interested, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org