The work we do at BioTechnique has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We’re growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people’s lives. Join BioTechnique and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. Here, you’ll work alongside and learn from some of the most dedicated scientists, engineers, and manufacturers in the industry. We’re proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy, and drive. Join us and discover a community that thrives on diversity and never scares away from a complex challenge. At BioTechnique, you determine what’s possible.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g., carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.). Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned. This is a full-time, nonexempt hourly position, reporting to the Facilities Manager.
- Perform a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment; prioritize, schedule, assign and coordinate the work of assigned staff to accomplish a wide variety of duties related to the building trades.
- Construct, rebuild and repair equipment and facilities including various wood and metal structures, equipment, and furniture; prepare surfaces for painting and varnishing and apply surface coverings as required.
- Estimate cost of labor and materials for work orders; obtain competitive prices for equipment and supplies needed.
- Perform a variety of skilled building maintenance including repairs to doors, windows, and other building parts; construct or assemble furniture and other wood and metal structures; install and maintain grand master and electronic lock systems and electrical security systems.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines including saws, drill presses and various hand and power tools to perform repair and maintenance work; maintain tools and equipment in a safe, clean, and proper working condition.
- Installs and repairs wiring, switches, light ballasts, and other electrical systems.
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, State, and local codes, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintain various records related to labor, materials, and work orders.
- May perform diagnostic testing to determine maintenance needs as necessary.
- Purchase tools, equipment, and materials.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- High school education or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of working experience in facilities maintenance.
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer service oriented.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
- Knowledge - Technical – Demonstrates a designated level of technical skill or knowledge in a specific technical area(s) and ability to keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. May be acquired through academic, apprenticeship or on-the-job training or a combination of these.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve the issues.
- Attention to Detail – Ability to accomplish tasks and processes accurately and completely.
- Coordination – Work – Ability to follow instructions through a standard work process; ability to perform routine tasks; ability to check work for accuracy before completion of tasks.
- Communication – Ability to communicate information to individuals or groups; ability to deliver presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Ability to convey written information orally clearly and concisely or in writing to individuals or groups to ensure that they understand the information and the message. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others.
- Safety and Health Compliance – Ability to understand applicable policies and procedures and maintain conditions that ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- Client/Customer Service – Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients (those who buy goods and services and for whom formal professional services are rendered) or customers (those who consume goods and services) by listening to the client/customer and understanding and responding to identified needs.
Offering a full suite of benefits, PSC Biotech™ is firmly focused on diligently investing in our employees who enable our company to fulfill our mission and achieve success. We want to promote balance, so you not only enjoy your work, but also have the time and resources to live your life happy and healthy.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision - PSC pays 100% of all qualifying employee medical premiums and 50% for qualifying dependents
- Insurance options for Employee Assistance Programs, Basic Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability and more.
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching - PSC matches, dollar for dollar, employees investment into the 401(k) plan up to 6%.
- PTO, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Discounted rate at Anytime Fitness
- Financial Perks and Discounts