2023 Product Design Engineering Intern/Coop
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have built an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
Product Design Engineer Co-op
About Rochester: Ranked by MSN as the #1 Most Livable Bargain Markets in the US, Rochester is a great place for a new college graduate. With low housing costs and a vibrant downtown full of arts and culture, it’s an ideal place to gain world class career experience while you pay down your students loans and enjoy your post-college years.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a 2023 Product Design Engineering Coop you will work in a new product development environment that develops a wide variety of plastic lab ware products from concept to launch. Availability January-August 2023.
Your ideas will bring new products to life as you collaborate with other design engineers, process development engineers, packaging engineers, quality engineers and project leaders to develop plastic products for life science, medical device, laboratory, diagnostic and consumer product markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a Co-op mentor in a new product development environment that will allow you to learn product development methods and grow your design engineering knowledge.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Partner with Great Coworkers: Participate on cross functional project teams to develop new products and manufacturing processes. Present engineering design and analysis results at technical reviews. Work with your Co-op mentor on specific engineering assignments.
- Solid Model Design: Develop Solid Works solid models that achieve design requirements using best design practices and industry design standards. Create detailed technical product drawings and customer product specification drawings utilizing GD&T standards. Complete engineering change requests and BOM updates.
- Design Analysis and Verification testing: Support design analysis activities by conducting tolerance stack-up analyses and design verification testing. Make arithmetic computations using standard formulas, calculate dimensions and tolerances.
- Develop Engineering Standards: Help to create and implement engineering design guides and standards.
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering Bachelor’s Degree program (Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Bio-medical, or equivalent)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Creative, innovative and critical thinker
- Analytical nature & problem solver
- Responsive, results oriented and task driven
- Self-directed, well-organized with ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Excellent documentation, planning and organizational skills
- Strong PC skills, proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Who We Are
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $39 billion and 100,000+ employees in over 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
What We Do
We serve science and medicine like no other. Our customers help patients and do research with a variety of products such as general lab ware, ionized water, bioproduction, high-end injectables, and ocular medicine with some of the largest drug manufacturers across the globe. For others, we provide a consumer product line of well known Nalgene® water bottles.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Accessibility
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
Thermo Fisher does not offer employment in this position to holders of F-1, J-1, H-1, OPT, and CPT Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience.