Internship Opportunities 2023
Houston, TX 77035
At Solugen, we believe planet-scale change starts with the chemistry we use every day. So, we’ve built the world’s first carbon negative molecule factory. Fusing biology with chemistry and technology to make the materials we need to sustain life on Earth. Solugen, Inc. is a revolutionary product and technology company seeking to use biology to transform the chemicals industry. Solugen was founded in 2016 and is a post-Series D venture-backed biotechnology company supported by renowned venture capital firms including Founders Fund, FiftyYears, Refactor, Y Combinator, Temasek, GIC, and Baillie-Gifford. Located in Houston, Texas, Solugen has recently started-up a first-of-its-kind carbon-negative manufacturing facility-The BioforgeTM-that uses a novel chemoenzymatic technology to manufacture bio-based chemistries for a wide range of applications including water treatment, agriculture, personal care, and other applications. Solugen currently has 175+ full time employees.
Solugen offers an opportunity for you to apply what you have learned in a collaborative environment. Whether your focus is in STEM, Operations or General Business there is an opportunity for you to contribute to our growing organization! You should end this 10-to-12-week internship feeling that you have gained more knowledge in your area of focus. Hopefully there is also excitement about the impact that Solugen is making in the biotech space. The areas of internship opportunity range from: Research & Development to Accounting & Finance and Business Development, and IT.
- Excited to learn new things
- Analytical approach to problem solving, with a focus on managing a team environment with attention to results and a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail and organization
- Good communication, negotiation, leadership, and project management skills with the desire to further develop these skills as the company grows
- Commitment to safe workplace goals and practices that ensure operational integrity, including compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures
- Comfortable following safety protocols and wearing personal protective equipment—including hard hats, gloves, earplugs, and respirators--in work zones
- Good familiarity with Office products as well as a general level of comfort with online communication work management platforms such as Dropbox, Google Doc, and Slack
- Ask a lot of questions, be curious, and have insights into your work
- Be nimble, embrace the speed and ambiguity of startup culture
- A passion for green chemistry and fighting climate change
- Ability to self-manage and set your own priorities and schedule
- Be comfortable working in multiple roles
- Emphasize safety above all else
- Respect for others
- Creative problem solving
- Willingness to learn and research new engineering/science concepts
In pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree, entering either the junior or senior year of college OR have completed a Bachelor’s degree and currently pursuing a Master’s degree or above.
Solugen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.