CO-OP (Automation Engineer)
Thermo Fisher Scientific VVS is a multifaceted gene and cell therapy contract development and manufacturing organization that is looking for leaders to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients! Our staff members; are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with shown proficiencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
How will you make an impact:
The Automation Engineer CO-OP is responsible for supporting Thermo Fisher VVS facilities in Plainville, MA (Jan 2023 - June 2023) with a scope encompassing automation systems for GMP manufacturing, MES, Process Development, Quality Control, and Warehouse operations.
What will you do:
- Responsible for the support of clinical and commercial drug manufacturing of gene therapy products.
- Supports automation activities during tech transfers of new products into the manufacturing facility and provides continued support throughout manufacturing campaigns.
- Designs, specifies, and supports manufacturing equipment and analytical equipment including implementing modifications to improve operational performance and product quality.
- Builds and is a great partner with other Thermo Fisher VVS sites to develop and promote automation standard methodologies and ensures compliance with Thermo Fisher VVS SOP’s, safe work practices, and cGMP regulations.
- The position involves close collaboration with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Sciences, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Information Systems, and other Engineering teams to finish the responsibilities.
How will you get here?
- Experience with systems such as OSI PI, Infobatch, and Ignition installation and support.
- Experience with DCS and/or PLC coding including but not limited to DeltaV, Allen Bradley, Siemens.
- Experience with electrical standards and local requirements and general electrical safety standard methodologies.
- Experience with “smart” instrumentation protocols (i.e.: HART, Fieldbus, PROFIBUS, AMS Suite, etc.).
- Experience with automation hardware (system I/O modules &/or cards, power supplies, control relays, signal conditioners, etc.).
- Experience with P&ID loop tuning.
Key skills/desired experience
- Experience with Single-Use Manufacturing equipment is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
- User documentation review and revision experience.
- Working with both hands-on and remote-based staff.
- Strong ability to work independently.
- Comfortable leading multiple concurrent priorities.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor's program (e.g. Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Sciences, Automation Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering)
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service requiring accommodations. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or accommodation during the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.