Sr. Intern (Co-op)
How will you make an impact?
The Validation and Integration team are important members of the Research and Development community. As a collaborative team, engineering theory is creatively applied to exciting projects opportunities. The development role changes with the phase of product development. Requirements analysis is followed by feasibility studies, error budgeting, modeling, prototyping, system characterization, coordinating product quality, reliability engineering, and demonstration of performance specifications, culminating with project release to manufacturing.
What will you do?
- As a Senior Co-op, you will work on scanning electron and focused ion beam microscope systems. Our products are targeted for semiconductor customers demanding innovative wafer-to-atomic information workflows to improve their manufacturing and design decision-making process.
- The role is multifaceted and motivated by the specific needs of the project. Most projects include module integration of charged particle optics, high voltage power supplies, ultra-high vacuum, gas deposition chemistry, image detectors, robotic wafer handling, electro-mechanical and pneumatics modules, controlled with automation software. Successful engineers learn how to analyze innovative technology, form concise problem statements, analyze relevant data, develop insight based on scientific models, and form a plan of next steps. Learn to apply design of experiments (DOE) and statistical process control (SPC) engineering tools to understand sources of variation, and develop process controls.
- This is a phenomenal opportunity and offers career growth under the mentorship of top-tier engineers!
- Candidates are enrolled in a Master’s program in Engineering, Science, Technology, or Math with a plan to finish during or after this co-op.
- A strong analytical perspective with the ability to demonstrate practical decision making and problem solving.
- Curiosity, creativity, and self-motivation to learn new technology.
- Proficiency and desire to apply systems engineering principles and science-based innovation to a wide range of multi-discipline engineering problems.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.