Mechanical Design Engineer - Pathway Program (13064)
NOV is actively recruiting ambitious college/university graduates for a Mechanical Design Engineer role in Fiberglass Systems that will be part of our Pathway Rotational Program.
The NOV Pathway Rotational Program offers recent college graduates the opportunity to obtain meaningful work experiences through a structured 2-to-3-year rotational program. The program is designed to help participants develop strong functional/technical expertise and business knowledge through challenging, hands-on assignments and exposure to various groups across NOV. Towards the end of the program, participants will work with their management support team to identify full-time positions that best suit individual skill sets as well as company needs.
Participants can choose from multiple career track options based on education and career interest. Each career track has its own training and experience-based learning objectives, and knowledge and performance are evaluated following each rotation. The start date for this program will be January 23, 2023 or sooner.
Following the engineering career track, the primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Perform and check routine calculations, specify simple equipment and buyouts.
- Solve problems of varying engineering complexity,
- Use established practices and apply educational knowledge of design engineering principles.
- Generate manufacturing drawings and specifications for Request for Quote.
- Consult and guide manufacturing resources.
- Be involved in assembly, testing and hands on training on the shop floor.
We invite you to apply if you have the following qualifications and skills:
- Recent graduate (1-2 years) or graduating prior to January 2023 with a Bachelor of Science or MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts clearly
- Hands-on experience (e.g. mechanically inclined hobbies, experience in mechanic shop, hands-on with mechanical systems, welding)
- Experience with 3D modeling
- Experience or exposure to machine design is preferred.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work independently with the ability to multitask on multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and highly motivated
Successful candidates that meet the above qualifications will be invited to attend a virtual Information Session to learn more about the program to ensure it’s a fit for you prior to continuing the selection process.
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. NOV values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
We offer a competitive benefits package starting first date of employment that includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K savings plan, paid time-off, and starting at 3 weeks of vacation!
For more specifics please visit our benefits page https://usbenefits.nov.com/