EQO is a private equity backed biotech startup providing data regarding invasive species in the nation's waterways. EQO is seeking additional funding in partnership with the PE firm and is looking for support building a forecasting model to reach sales of $50m+ to support fundraising efforts.
This position will present exposure to the modeling needs of executives investing in startups. It will also open opportunities to interface more deeply with the PE firm and its other portfolio of investments.
EQO offices in the Austin Community College Bio Sciences Incubator, this internship opportunity is remote.
Are you someone who wants to create change supporting the environment?
Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded entrepreneurs?
Do you want to make a real difference at a startup?
- Create a forecasting model for growth of a startup
- Develop presentations and meet with founders and investors about findings
- Move easily between big picture problem solving and “getting in the weeds”
- Build trust with team members and stakeholders through open and honest conversation
- Validate data for accuracy and relevance
- Collaborate effectively with others and actively participate as part of a high-performing team
- Create streamlined, polished presentations and supporting project deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree completed or nearing completion
- Understanding of forecasting and modeling
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Advanced data analysis ability
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to build solid relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- A willingness to proactively seek feedback in the spirit of continual improvement and development
- Has a strong business acumen with the ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Must be a self-starter