Amazon Robotics - Hardware Engineer Intern - Summer 2023
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and self-motivated intern to assist with the development and testing of our hardware products. The ideal candidate will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program related to hardware engineering. This position will report to the Amazon Robotics functional manager most closely aligned with the candidate’s skillset.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 or more consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2023.
The Intern will be responsible for:
- Completing project tasks with a team of other interns and Amazon Robotics engineers
- Utilizing Amazon Robotics engineering tools and processes
- Prototyping and testing concepts or features
- Tracking progress of task deliverables
- Developing and maintaining design documentation
- Presenting information to managers and engine
- Completion of at least junior year working towards a BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Must have at least one semester left of school after completion of internship
- Degree program in electrical, mechanical, computer science, robotics, or systems engineering
- Demonstrated experience working in team environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience resolving complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Customer focus
- Previous project team experience recommended
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.