Sales Support Intern
Sales Support Interns - (Summer May thru Aug 2023)
Description - External
Sunoco, L.P., the nation’s largest fuel distribution company, is looking for interns to join one of our fast-paced, high impact teams in Dallas, TX.
This is a twelve (12) week paid internship program beginning May 2023. You must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an expected graduation date in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024.
Sunoco is seeking a driven, Business Development Support intern to support the sales team to drive further growth in the category. The candidate will work closely with sales leadership, marketing, and operations to support key activities to expand Sunoco’s footprint for the Race Fuels division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (dependent on department):
· Plan and support key customer events related to acquiring new business, including Aga Khan Foundation, Minor League Cricket, NASCAR, hospitality suites and other events. Lead coordination of customer invitations, tickets, communication, and attendance. Provide logistical support and coordination with venues to ensure proper set-up and food & beverage. Provide event recaps, detailing customer attendance, costs, lead capture, etc.
· Analyze key sales metrics and trends across regions, including closed-lost opportunities. Identify key themes and opportunities to present to senior management and other internal stakeholders.
· Manage and measure compliance to Salesforce processes across business development team.
· Help to build reporting for sales and account management salesforce opportunity pipeline
Required Skills (External)
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Currently enrolled in college - we’re open to candidates of all degrees – if you possess the intangibles above and the work sounds intriguing, we can teach you the rest
- Preferably junior status
- General requirements include self-motivated individuals, involvement in activities outside college studies.
- Above average GPA
- Distinctive problem solving skills and an intellectual curiosity to solve unique and oftentimes complex problems
- Strong work ethic and high level of self-motivation and accountability to “get stuff done” – while you’ll receive regular coaching and feedback, we intentionally position our interns to be able to own their work
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with occasionally tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills