Procurement Interns - (Summer May thru Aug 2023)
Description - External
Sunoco, L.P., the nation’s largest fuel distribution company, is looking for interns to join one of our fast-paced, high impact teams in Dallas, TX.
This is a twelve (12) week paid internship program beginning May 2023. You must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an expected graduation date in Fall 2023 or Spring 2024.
During your internship you will have direct access to senior leadership within the organization as well as the opportunity to work on high-impact strategic projects in addition to your core departmental responsibilities. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in learning about the oil & gas industry in a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment. Candidates will have the opportunity to express their department and location of preference during the interview process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (dependent on department):
· Assist in the analysis, development and implementation of cost savings initiatives
· Assist in coordination of negotiations, contract development, contract implementation, and supplier contract compliance
· Conduct ongoing business reviews to ensure suppliers are performing to contracted obligations and service levels
· Lead the suppliers and stakeholders of the supply chain through effective engagement and communication by delivering supplier awareness programs.
· Solicit advice from manager/Procurement Specialist(s) regarding procurement processes and protocol and apply appropriate solutions to issues for stakeholders.
Required Skills (External)
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- Currently enrolled in college - we’re open to candidates of all degrees – if you possess the intangibles above and the work sounds intriguing, we can teach you the rest
- Preferably junior status
- General requirements include self-motivated individuals, involvement in activities outside college studies.
- Above average GPA
- Distinctive problem solving skills and an intellectual curiosity to solve unique and oftentimes complex problems
- Strong work ethic and high level of self-motivation and accountability to “get stuff done” – while you’ll receive regular coaching and feedback, we intentionally position our interns to be able to own their work
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment with occasionally tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills - familiarity with SQL a plus