Sr. Business Systems Analyst
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join our Business Systems team. The Sr. Business analyst is responsible for the general support and maintenance of business systems applications in an academic environment centered on scientific research.
A successful candidate will have experience supporting Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platforms (Workday, Lawson/Infor, Netsuite, etc), and possess the ability to build collaborative inter-departmental relationships. They will be accomplished at navigating requests, resolving problems and providing solutions while building supportive relationships with business leads. They will define requirements and develop data reporting, visualization, analytics while managing associated projects.
A strong candidate will have knowledge of business processes, procedures and practices related to procurement, finance/accounting, payroll and HR functions. Experience with grant funded organizations is preferred.
· Review, evaluate and execute solutions for business systems and user needs.
· Write detailed requirements for solutions based on requested functional needs.
· Architect solutions that deliver on business strategies and objectives.
· Collaborate to develop and deploy solutions within defined business requirements.
· Define requirements and develop reporting needs for business customers.
· Assist in maintaining documented procedures in adherence to IT policy.
· Mentor and train staff as needed.
· Serve as primary lead for small and medium projects.
· Stay current with changes in the industry, and the impact to the organization.
· Performs additional IT related tasks, as assigned by Business Systems Manager.
· Works under the general supervision of the Business Systems Manager.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is required
· Experience with ERP Application such as Workday, Netsuite or Lawson/Info.
· Experience in designing/developing workflow automation solutions.
· Experience developing business intelligence solutions and report writing such as Power BI.
· Basic Scripting Preferred
· General knowledge of Accounting, HR and Procurement business processes.
· Experience in utilizing standards and industry best practices.
· Strong communication/collaboration skills.
· Ability to lead product design discussions.
· Minimum of seven (7) years related technical experience
· Experience in academic research center environment, preferred.
For immediate consideration, please apply for this position with cover letter & resume on the CSHL careers website at: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/cshl/jobs/3721521/sr-business-systems-analyst?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs Position Number:00016
Founded in 1890, CSHL has helped shape contemporary biomedical research and education with today’s research endeavors encompassing cancer, neuroscience, plant biology and quantitative biology. CSHL is a private, not-for-profit institution in New York and has been home to eight Nobel Prize winners. Today, CSHL’s multidisciplinary scientific community is bolstered by more than 600 researchers and its Scientific Meetings & Courses Program, which hosts more than 9,000 scientists from around the world each year on its campus.
For more information about CSHL, please visit us at www.cshl.edu
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.