Quality System Co-op
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have built an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an upbeat, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field. This position has many opportunities to offer!
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in quality assurance and regulatory affairs to produce products that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Summary of Internship
Internship positions provide an opportunity for engineering, science, quality or regulatory students to get hands on experience in quality system management at the Plainville, MA VVS site.
- Become familiar with FDA and EU regulations regarding the required statements for the site’s manufactured products
- Perform gap assessment, write/revise Standard Operating procedures, generate metrics, assess system maturity and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Collaborate with team members in production and quality to build robust quality management system
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the intern’s experience level and abilities
- Student currently enrolled in a Master's program leading to an accredited advanced degree related quality, regulatory, engineering, science, or life science field / Jan-June Co-op
- Preferred majors: Quality Engineering, Biotechnology, Regulatory Affairs, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or other related engineering/science major
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in manufacturing/operations/quality or regulatory
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Previous industrial experience is preferred
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!