Co-Op (Plant Engineer 1)
At Viral Vector Services (VVS) a division of Thermo Fisher Scientific we deliver, from process development through commercial supply, we offer the expertise and resources necessary to help clients deliver innovative gene therapies. Placed in the forefront of our leading and cutting edge Cell and Gene Therapy business enabling clients to cure genetic, rare, and otherwise untreatable diseases
How will you make an impact?
The Engineer I, Plant will be responsible for supporting the new VVS commercial facility in Plainville, MA. The initial focus of the position will be supporting the execution of a large capital facility project through the construction of a state-of-the-art new commercial manufacturing facility. This role will later transition into an operations support role in the site Facilities and Engineering team where they will support manufacturing, laboratory and warehouse operations in Plainville, MA.
What will you do?
· Interact with installing contractors and perform field execution of commissioning documents and generate field reports, punch lists, summary reports and final turnover packages; ETOPS and System Manuals
· Support any facilities/utilities activities during Tech Transfers of new products into the Manufacturing facility
· Manage small operational projects
· Assist in the development of requirements of new equipment, modifications, and projects that affect the utility systems
· Ensure work is performed in compliance with cGMP regulations and company SOPs
· Respond to utility and equipment related issues during production
· Act as Responsible Engineer for utility system(s)
· Support annual revalidation efforts
· Create and maintain relationships with other sites to develop and promote best practice
· Specify and implement modifications to improve operational performance and compliance
· Uphold, define, and police safety procedures and safe practices
How will you get here?
Enrolled in a Undergraduate program worked towards a B.S. degree in mechanical engineering, biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering or related engineering field.
0-2 years relevant industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Excellent communication, technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential.
· Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Must be a team player prepared to lead, work in, and embrace a team-based culture
· Ability to lift 50+ lbs,
· Ability to walk, climb stairs, bend, crawl, or reach for an extended period.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.