Process Development Co-op
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
Co-op Location: Plainville MA from January to June 2023
Patheon Viral Vector Services (VVS) is an end-to-end viral vector CDMO partner from process and analytical development to clinical and commercial supply of viral vectors for cell or gene therapeutic or vaccine product. Our team of expert scientists, engineers, operations and quality professionals, work with our clients to bring groundbreaking treatments from development to post approval. The novel therapeutics we focus on require constant innovation and creative thinking for the clinical translation and subsequent GMP manufacturing to be successful. This role will be primarily located at our pilot lab in Plainville MA. We are currently expanding our multidisciplinary team, seeking a Gene Therapy Process Development Support Senior Intern to support our gene therapy downstream process development projects. We are looking for talented candidates interested in utilizing cutting-edge technologies and learning to use automation and high-throughput analytics to screen critical process materials and parameters for the purification of viral vector products.
The responsibilities will include:
· Working under the supervision of the process development team to assist in gene therapy process development projects.
· Acquiring hands-on experience working with automation, bioprocessing, process scale-up, and bioanalytical techniques.
· Utilizing advanced tools and strategies to aid in process modeling efforts
· Assisting with the writing and execution of laboratory protocols and reports.
· Execution of process development, confirmation, evaluation and optimization studies.
· Assisting in creation of protocols for calibrating and/or operating equipment.
· Regular lab maintenance and setting up development runs on our instruments.
· Contribute to data analysis efforts of instrument data and present work at regular team meetings.
The successful candidate will have the following preferred skills:
· Conceptual or technical understanding of modern bioprocessing and molecular technologies in the life sciences a plus
· Experience working in a laboratory setting.
· A safety-first mindset and diligent adherence to safety requirements.
· An ability to execute tasks independently.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and possesses good communication skills.
· Detail oriented, with a commitment to keep thorough accurate lab records.
· Experience with data collection and data analysis. Experience with data analysis software such as Matlab or JMP is a plus.
Candidate must be enrolled in a Master's Degree program in Chemical or Biological/Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or an equivalent field. Applicants must have unrestricted US work authorization. Forms of CPT and OPT are forms of restricted work authorization.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.