Sr. Intern (Co-op), Advanced Technology
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
The Sr Intern Scientist position within the Advanced Technology group provides an opportunity for science students who are currently pursuing or have recently graduated from a science, engineering, computing or mathematics-based masters' degree, to get hands on experience working with scientists doing research in a fast-paced industrial setting. The intern will contribute to development projects and advance scientific knowledge, as an integral part of the team, and will be mentored by scientists and engineers.
How you will make an impact
- Work and be mentored in a team of Scientists and Engineers to develop workflow solutions for electron and ion microscopy.
- Execute experiments and projects in a lab environment as directed by Scientists.
- Conduct literature research. Analyze data and produce scientific reports.
- Learn about research in an industrial setting through daily activities.
- Depending on the candidate and the needs of the program, other activities may include performing numerical simulations, developing instrument control software, maintaining and troubleshooting laboratory equipment.
How will you get there?
- Be enrolled in an MS degree program in a scientific field (physics, chemistry, biology, materials science, etc.).
- Able to work in a lab-based research environment, including use of scientific instrumentation along with data analysis skills using Python or similar, and sufficient hand-eye coordination to handle and work with small delicate objects.
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills to report results. Good communication skills, ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Unrestricted US Work Authorization. Forms of OPT and CPT are restricted work authorization and are not accepted for this role
Thermo Fisher Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our mission — enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.