When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
Job Title: Sr. Intern – R&D, Biology
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an intern to join the biology R&D group within the protein and cell analysis business unit. The group is involved in the development of fluorescence-based reagents and assays used in imaging and flow cytometry applications. The successful candidate will be part of an innovative and interdisciplinary team, with an opportunity to gain experience in research and commercial product development efforts! Under the mentorship of a senior R&D scientist, the intern will work on project background research, experimental design, and execution, as well as data presentation to the broader R&D team. The successful candidate will also be involved in developing and implementing data analysis approaches to support data visualization and mining of high-dimensional flow cytometry data sets.
How will you get there?
- Willing to learn and be mentored
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-functional team
- Proven excellent experimental design, execution, and data analysis
- Proven experimental accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a BS degree in computer science, bioinformatics, engineering, or related field
- On track to complete an MS or PhD degree from an accredited university
- Have at least one-year experience in a research laboratory setting
- Proficient in product design excellence tools (statistics, DoE, JMP execution, etc..)
- Have experience in software development and common programming languages such as R/C++.
Unrestricted US Work Authorization. Forms of OPT and CPT are restricted work authorization and are not accepted for this role
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 100,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.