Technology, Digital Products & Cybersecurity Interns - Summer 2023
A PPL Intern is a temporarily employed full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning, who is offered a work-study program designed to give college students practical work experience in their field of study. This program often helps students determine career interests. Beyond the scope of the actual tasks performed, the student becomes familiar with a corporate environment and gains practical skills and knowledge to supplement their classroom experience.
Joining PPL as an intern provides you with the opportunity to explore possible career opportunities within Application Development (Mobile and Web), Cloud Computing and Integration, Data Engineering, Machine Learning/Data Analytics, cybersecurity, UX design, product management, strategic planning and project management as well as:
- Meeting senior executives
- Becoming members of business resource groups
- Participating in community service projects
- Contributing to departmental goals.
Sample projects include:
- Develop applications for various utility capabilities in the empowered product portfolio model
- Deploy mobile application for field workers
- Implement cloud solution replacing legacy systems
- Build data platform and machine learning components to enable advanced analytics
- Develop microservices APIs and application containerization
- Deploy a virtual personal assistant to enhance the employee experience
- Design next generation user experiences for customers and field workers
- Create Microsoft Teams PowerAutomate solution for replacement of the Financial Treasury Key Risk Event Monitoring System (EMS)
- Implement Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close (FCC) implementation project
- Identify, analyze and mitigate potential threats or issues as a part of the Cybersecurity team
- Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a baccalaureate or master’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related field.
- Will graduate from their academic program within 12 months of internship completion.
- Have an acceptable overall grade point average, not lower than a 3.0.
- Eligible to work in the United States in accordance with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations.
- Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
- Able to work in a team environment. Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated leadership abilities.
The PPL Digital & Technology organization is seeking 20 students to work full time (40 hours/week) during summer 2023, in Allentown, Pennsylvania or in a remote capacity to assist us in our digital transformation. If you have a high level of technical curiosity and learning agility, are excited about digital transformation from legacy on-premise solutions to Cloud SaaS, accustomed to working through technical problems with a team, able to work through technology solutions utilizing new and unique paths, have embraced the cloud, virtualization, as well as all forms of digital technology, and you understand that it’s critical for cybersecurity to be part of every technology employee’s DNA, then PPL’s digital & technology team is the right place for you.
Our goal as a PPL digital & technology team is to bring new and exciting technologies to the business while using an Agile approach to delivering solutions rapidly and flawlessly that will transform the way the business operates. The PPL digital & technology intern will actively work to plan, develop, and execute solutions that support the increasing need for technology on the electric grid.