Amazon Robotics - Mfg. Ops Program Manager Co-op - Spring 2023
Manufacturing Operations Program Manager Co-op
January - June 2023
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling, and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfillment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
Amazon Robotics internship/co-op/full-time opportunities will be based out of the Greater Boston Area in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough, MA and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
The Robotics Operations Manufacturing team is seeking a Manufacturing Operations Program Manager Co-op to develop and manage new manufacturing initiatives which will support high volume, high mix manufacturing and emerging products and technology. The Manufacturing team works with partner teams in early design stages and develops processes to launch and sustain manufacturing for complex robotics equipment. This role will work closely with manufacturing, supply chain, and technical operations to operationalize new insourcing or optimization opportunities and manage execution deliverables throughout the lifecycle of the project. The role will have visibility and project ownership across all manufacturing operations and will lead critical planning activities for world class manufacturing execution. The role collaborates with leadership and stakeholders to develop performance metrics, drive best practices, and lead process and tool improvements that align with the strategic priorities of the team.
About the Team:
Amazon Robotics Strategic Manufacturing Planning (SMP) team works across the Global Robotic Operations department to enable manufacturing scalability and adaptability to best serve the Amazon Operations Network. Through strategic thought leadership, we evaluate manufacturing constraints across the product portfolio to deliver solutions that optimize resource allocation and maximize customer responsiveness. Our team’s holistic and peculiar mindset allows us to develop the manufacturing leaders of tomorrow while delivering results for our customers.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion
- Actively participate in the discovery and intake triage of new manufacturing insourcing opportunities.
- Develop and manage a consolidated project list of manufacturing opportunities across current and future programs.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop operation plans for new projects and initiatives
- Develop operating mechanisms to define and accelerate project timelines
- Evolve and maintain standard operating procedures for manufacturing operations to support future program management in a high mix, high volume manufacturing environment
- Support weekly, monthly and quarterly business planning cycles and track performance metrics/KPIs
- Provide recommendations for operational improvements including utilization of ERP/system capabilities
- Provide input in developing manufacturing strategies on existing products, new products, and product phase-outs
- Partner with senior leadership to provide inputs for manufacturing business development
- Ability to travel (~10%) to support projects when normal business travel practices resume
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/Doctorate in an engineering major, supply chain management, or other equivalent discipline
- Currently enrolled in college/university and must have at least one semester/term/quarter of school left to complete after the end of the co-op
- Must be eligible and available for a full-time (40h / week)
- Microsoft Office skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Oracle or SAP ERP software
- Experience working with SQL and Tableau analytics
- Proven leadership skills with exceptional written and verbal communication skills to work internally and externally at all levels of management and with peers
- APICS or Six Sigma Certification with an understanding of Lean Manufacturing processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.