Mechanical Engineer (Entry Level)
About L&T Technology Services Ltd L&T Technology Services Limited (LTTS) is a listed subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited focused on Engineering and R&D (ER&D) services. We offer consultancy, design, development and testing services across the product and process development life cycle. Our customer base includes 69 Fortune 500 companies and 57 of the world’s top ER&D companies, across industrial products, medical devices, transportation, telecom & hi-tech, and the process industries. Headquartered in India, we have over 20,800 employees spread across 17 global design centers, 28 global sales offices and 89 innovation labs as of March 31, 2022. For more information, please visit https://www.LTTS.com/
Responsibilities of Role: Process engineer is following – but not limited to:
• Work as an onsite Mechanical Engineer/Piping Engineer/ Packing Engineer/Utilities engineer in a process plant environment
• Prepare and review engineering deliverables like layouts, isometrics, equipment specifications, data sheets, piping specification,3D models etc. for the project requirements.
• Understand project requirement from client / project team and coordinate with the remote design team.
• Coordinate with customer to collect all the required inputs.
• Information collection from plant (approx. 50% field work involved)
• Interact with equipment suppliers to get the required information.
• Attend design reviews along with customer and the construction team and get the necessary approvals.
• Prioritize tasks for multiple projects to meet schedule and able to cope with priority changes.
• Worked as an Intern Mechanical Engineer/Piping Engineer/ Packing Engineer/Utilities engineer Engineer for industrial plants (Chemical, Agrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Fine chemicals, Specialty chemicals, Food & Beverages, O&G).
• Ability to read PFD, P&IDs, layouts, 3D models, General Arrangement Dwgs.
• Understand basic chemical engineering fundamentals like fluid mechanics, Thermodynamics, strength materials, Kinetics and kinematics, heat transfer, Machine Design etc.
• Familiar with AutoCAD, Solid works or any 3D model and MS office application
• Familiarity with other software will be added advantage.
o Must be able to climb flights of stairs and remain standing for at least 2 hours
o If needed - must be able to lift up to 25 lb
o Ability to thrive in dynamic team environment with diverse perspective
Location: Relocation required (at plant location)
[Seeking remote work – Do not apply] Education:
Bachelor or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Experience Required:
Entry Level (Internship at required manufacturing plant is desirable)
Work permit status: With valid work permit, Green card holder, US Citizen