Pharmaceutical Science Intern
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $30 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Intern will support the early stage process development, process establishment, and process characterization of Spray Dried Intermediates (SDI) and Solid Dosage Forms (tablets, capsules, sachets). This position is laboratory based and requires the candidate to be eager to learn and be hands-on. The intern will function with direct supervision from Technical Project Lead (TPL) and will be actively engaged in development and transfer of solubility enhancing dosage forms.
- In an assistant capacity, assemble, disassemble, operate and clean process equipment such as spray dryers, tablet presses, mills, roller compactors, fluid beds, hot melt extruders, and blenders.
- Perform routine physical characterization of products. (e.g. powder and tablet characterization)
- Document the formulation, process results, and observations in lab notebooks consistent with company policy and good laboratory practices
- Reviews results and works with internal team to determine reliability and conclusions
- Collaborates with internal scientific, analytical, and laboratory functional areas to meet project and team objectives
- Maintain an accurate schedule/project plan of assigned lab work and results.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completed at least 3 semesters of undergraduate studies and had at least one laboratory course in any of the following: Engineering (chemical, mechanical, biological, environmental), chemistry, biology, physics, or material science.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral. Ability to be hands-on and a desire to learn
- Ability to function in a fast-paced dynamic team environment and balance prioritize multiple projects
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Ability to function in a constantly evolving environment & handle multiple priorities.
- Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand and walk; ability to lift and/or carry light objects of up to 25 lbs. for brief periods.
Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be performed, as assigned. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.