Management Trainee - Lawrence, Kansas
Ability to relocate within the state(s) of Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Utah, or Colorado is REQUIRED after training is completed. Company paid relocation assistance provided.
Please note: This is an hourly, non-exempt management trainee role. If hired, you will be in this position for approximately 6 to 7 months with the expectation that you will relocate with a promotion (and a generous salary increase) to an open Assistant Manager position. We have over 300+ centers across the country. In addition, you will be required to travel to our Pinellas Park, FL and/or Las Vegas, NV training sites for approximately 5 weeks, typically 1-2 weeks at a time while in the training program.
All candidates must be open to relocation (a company relocation program is included). You are encouraged to begin considering openings approximately 6 months after starting your training. After completion of training, travel will likely be required until you have secured an Assistant Manager position. If you have not applied and been promoted to an Assistant Manager position within a maximum of 9 months, CSL Plasma may assign you to a location with the requirement to relocate. Failure to relocate or failure to complete the training program successfully as scheduled may result in demotion or termination, at CSL Plasma's sole discretion. (Note: substantial pay increase received when promoted to Assistant Manager Position).
1. Collaborate with Center Management to ensure the day-to-day activities of Center operations are compliant with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and applicable federal and local regulations.
2. Learn and understand all Center financial responsibilities including annual budgets and monthly financial analysis. Collaborate with Center Management in collecting and analyzing KPI’s to support continuous improvement and meet Center established production goals. Learn to collect and analyze data to maintain and improve Center quality, efficiency and profitability.
3. Assist Center Management in ensuring Center is “inspection ready” at all times and customer requirements meet the safety of donors and employees including compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) regulations.
4. Learn and understand Company SOP’s and applicable federal and local regulations, develop capabilities in performing nearly all staff tasks and duties at a proficiency level adequate for training and critiquing employees in the performance of those tasks and duties.
5. Develop skills to manage Center staff, including assisting Center Management with recruiting of staff, interviewing and selection of staff, and training of staff. Participate as witness when Center Management delivers staff counseling, including corrective actions and terminations, 45/90 day reviews and year-end performance appraisals.
6. Work with Management to understand efficient donor flow throughout the Center, identify problem areas, and advise Management of ER issues or escalated donor issues.
7. Maintain a clean, efficient work environment. Learn inventory requirements; occasionally walk through facility to ensure operating supplies and inventory are available.
8. Ensure accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
9. Familiarize with all marketing and advertising to ensure programs effectively deliver desired results. Make recommendations to Center Management as needed to improve effectiveness.
10. Develop excellent customer service skills. Provide a model of good customer service to employees. Communicate openly to customers. Learn to effectively resolve customer complaints and concerns.
11. Must be able to complete leadership development program and be able to relocate within 6-7months.
12. May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
13. Maintain confidentiality of all staff, donor and center information.
14. Perform other duties, as assigned, to support business needs.
15. A fully trained Management trainee who has completed all of their technical and leadership training may provide leadership coverage.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and professional work experience required
- If no degree, must have equivalent combination of education and professional work experience, including a minimum of 1-year supervisory, leadership experience responsible for overseeing the activities of others.