Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Yeast Genetics
We are searching for a highly motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Yeast Genetics who will have a key role in Hexagon’s target ID and validation pipeline using cutting-edge forward genetic and chemical genetic methods.
- Apply scientific principles and training to facilitate and perform experiments and analyze data with supervision from senior scientists
- Self-starter who will troubleshoot issues and identify solutions to accomplish project needs
- Provide technical support to senior scientific staff, and design and perform experiments for which you will have ownership of the work-stream
- Data will be presented to the team and the RA is expected to be a key contributor to the discussion.
- B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, microbiology, molecular genetics or related field
- 2+ years laboratory experience
- Strong scientific curiosity and passion for drug development
- Required experience: Standard yeast cell biology and genetic manipulation methods such as media preparation, growth assays, and tetrad dissection. Molecular biology techniques such as PCR, cloning, plasmid DNA isolation and transformation.
- Proficiency in yeast cell biology and molecular biology is required
- Experience in high throughput screening and next-generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation is preferred. Knowledge of CRISPR-based genetic engineering methods is a plus.
- Broad technical proficiency
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work at Menlo Park, CA location
What We Offer:
- A flexible and dynamic work environment, where you pave your own path; Hexagon cultivates the unique strengths of employees at all levels and provides mobility across departments.
- Weekly “All Hands Meetings” provide an opportunity to share company and team updates. These meetings are rooted in our value of transparency and designed to foster a culture of collaboration, curiosity, and open communication.
- Discretionary paid time-off policy & paid holidays
- Competitive compensation and a robust benefits package: a comprehensive suite of medical, dental, and vision insurance plans through TriNet, which offers additional voluntary benefits (pet insurance, accident insurance, home & auto insurance, and more).
- Equity and a 401(k) plan.
- Rapid career advancement for driven performers.
- Access to scientific conferences all over the country, throughout the year.
- A range of amenities, courtesy of the Menlo Park Labs business park including shuttle, gym, rock-climbing wall, pool, sports courts, cafe, bike lockers, and free EV charging stations.
- Opportunities to engage with the Hexagon community through team-building events like our monthly Hexagon Happy Hour and holiday parties.
Hexagon Bio is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.