Process Engineer Intern- Operations Support
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Summary of Internship position at Thermo Fisher Scientific is responsible for Support of process improvement and troubleshooting projects (business and/or technical processes) in the area of POROS chromatography resins, chemilluminessence and POP polymers
- Provide engineering support for process improvement and troubleshooting projects
- Run bench scale chemistry to support risk mitigation projects
- Run analytical assays and assist in the collection and analysis of test data
- Assist in equipment install and validation
- Write documentations such as SOP, UOPS, IQ/OQs and validations
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Lab experience would be beneficial but is not a requirement
- Chemical Engineering or like engineering field
- General chemistry or greater science knowledge preferred
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.