Senior Program Control Analyst
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), Algorithms, Modeling, and Assessments (AMA) Division is seeking a qualified Senior Program Control Analyst. This position is in Raleigh, NC, or Arlington, VA, but could also be remote. The selected candidate will work closely with AMA’s senior leadership, as well as ARA’s project managers, principal investigators, and technical leads in performing budget analyses, preparing cost projections and man-hour estimates, providing invoicing support, and ensuring timely reporting for contract and FAR compliance. This is a permanent full-time position and provides the selected candidate an opportunity to interact with the management team in ARA that leads an exceptional group of engineering & science professionals.
The selected candidate will work closely with ARA’s senior leadership, providing project management/administrative support and coordination for a complex portfolio of contracts, projects, and tasks under our business unit. This position involves a wide range of duties including, but not limited to, contract accounting and reporting, payroll/personnel processing, annual fiscal plan tracking, monthly reporting updates, contract administration, purchasing, facility leasing, and service administration. The successful candidate will develop/track contract budgets, prepare contract billing, and estimate materials/equipment/production costs and delivery schedules. At a minimum, we are seeking candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent, and at least 8-10 years of related experience. Candidates must be self-motivated with the ability to work proactively and achieve results without close supervision. Additionally, candidates must be organized individuals with excellent attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and the capacity to change priorities quickly and work effectively under deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Due to the work you’ll perform, you must be a US citizen and eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
What you’ll do as a Senior Program Control Analyst:
• Assist senior leadership with tracking staff coverage across all directorate projects
• Serve as a senior resource in managing staff-level Program Control Analysts
• Serve as primary program management support to Technical Leads within the directorate
• Attend project/program meetings, record meeting minutes, and action items
• Track and manage backlog (opportunities/proposals/awards)
• Serve as the primary POC for Directorate responses to BoD data call
• Manage the Directorate Project Management Review process and schedule
• Create and manage subcontracts, consulting agreements, contract mods, and purchase orders for projects following established company guidelines
• Create annual cost and staffing projections and provide quarterly updates for senior leadership
• Track and verify the completion of Project Quality Reviews
• Track and/or manage Internal Research & Development (IR&D) projects
• Track and/or manage staff LOE for projects worked outside of the division
• Provide senior leadership with monthly reports as requested
• Track and manage OH budgets at the directorate level
Senior Program Control Analyst Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field with 8-10 years of experience OR 13 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
• At least 7 years of related project support and/or management experience
• Demonstrated skills in MS Excel
• Proficiency in Word, and PowerPoint, and familiarity with project management software (e.g., MS Project, Smartsheet)
• Strong quantitative skills, especially as they apply to account
• Excellent communicator
• Experience in MS SharePoint or similar file-sharing applications
• Experience using budgeting and accounting software
Senior Program Control Analyst Preferences:
• Demonstrated program experience with federal contracts
• Current active security clearance
• Ability to program in MS Excel
• PMP certification
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Algorithms, Modeling & Assessments Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com
• 8 - 10 years: Relevant Work Experience
• Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge,
(b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or
(c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)