Staff Program Control Analyst
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), Algorithms, Modeling, and Assessments (AMA) division is seeking a qualified Staff Program Control Analyst. This position is in Raleigh, NC, or Arlington, VA, but could also be remote. The selected candidate will work closely with ARA’s project managers and principal investigators, performing budget analysis, cost projections, man-hour estimates, meeting support, as well as project reporting for contract and FAR compliance. This is a permanent full-time position and provides the selected candidate an opportunity to interact with a passionate team of engineering & science professionals working on exciting new modeling and simulation technologies.
The selected candidate will work closely with ARA’s project managers and principal investigators performing budget analysis, cost projections, man-hour estimates, as well as project reporting for contract and FAR compliance. Ultimately, this position will evolve into a project management role after the individual has developed the full set of skills necessary to manage projects with minimal oversight. Candidates must be self-motivated with the ability to work proactively and achieve results without close supervision. Additionally, candidates must be organized individuals with excellent attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, and the capacity to change priorities quickly and work effectively under deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Due to the work you’ll perform, you must be a US citizen and eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
What you’ll do as a Staff Program Control Analyst:
• Plan project budgets and spending
• Perform budget analysis, cost projections, and estimates
• Update project spending and estimates
• Conduct analysis for project contracting and FAR compliance
• Attend project/program meetings, record meeting minutes, and action items
• Track/monitor subcontractor spending, work completion, and deliverables
• Manage project subcontracts
• Prepare monthly contract reports
• Extract accounting and project cost data from ARA systems
• Track and verify completion of program quality reviews
• Provide latest spending charts and graphs for Project Monthly Review (PMR) presentations, and support Project Quality Reviews
• Assist in creating subcontracts, consulting agreements, contract mods, and purchase orders for projects, using corporate templates and following established company guidelines
• Maintain project cost projections. Assist with creating annual cost and staffing projections and providing quarterly updates for division management
• Provide monthly report of progress on small business goals, if needed
• Track the status of contractor invoices, facilitate accurate invoicing and maintain a schedule of anticipated payments
• Monitor and track subcontracts
Staff Program Control Analyst Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field and 2-4 years of experience OR 8 years of experience in lieu of a degree
• At least 3 years of related project support or management experience
• Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
• Strong mathematical and accounting skills
• Excellent communicator
• Experience in MS SharePoint or similar file-sharing applications
• Experience using budgeting and accounting software
Staff Program Control Analyst Preferences:
• Current active security clearance
• Demonstrated program experience with federal contracts
• PMP certification
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Algorithms, Modeling & Assessments Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com
• 2 - 4 years: Relevant Work Experience
• Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)