Senior Research Scientist – Algorithm Development
The Analytical and Spatial Intelligence Research Team (ASIRT) at Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is seeking scientists/researchers interested in developing novel and highly efficient algorithms to run on various computing platforms (in the cloud, desktop computers, and mobile devices) with and without using graphics processing units (GPUs). We are a close-knit team of creative thinkers from diverse backgrounds who collaborate to find non-standard solutions to challenging problems. Our dynamic development approach has a history of creating bleeding-edge solutions for the United States defense and intelligence communities. We encourage candidates with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit who seek a research career within a stable industry to apply.
Remote work is available for this position.
Senior Research Scientist – Algorithm Deployment Position Highlights:
• Develop novel and highly efficient algorithms for deployment in the cloud, on desktops, and on mobile devices
• Ingest and analyze data from different sources, including satellites, unmanned aerial vehicles, ground vehicles, human-wearables, and smart devices
• Gain experience implementing/deploying artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision algorithms
• Enjoy a challenging technical career with opportunities for personal growth
Senior Research Scientist – Algorithm Deployment Required Experience & Skills:
• US citizenship required
• Master of Science degree or above in a related discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, etc.) along with 5-7 years of relevant work experience in algorithm development
• Strong foundation in software development with experience in any of the following: Python, C/C++, Java, MATLAB, CUDA, or other low-level and high-level programming languages
• Experience working with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes
• Experience developing software for execution on edge devices (GPUs, mobile phones, deployed CPU)
• Eager to learn and apply new skills
Senior Research Scientist – Algorithm Deployment Desirable Experience & Skills:
• Experience developing Android software
• Experience with collaborative software development and version control
• Experience writing technical proposals
• Experience working on intelligence and DoD programs
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/
• 5 - 7 years: Relevant Work Experience
• Master of Science or better in Computer Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)