Marketing Communications Specialist
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
As a Web Operations Specialist, you will assist in developing and evolving a new branch of our Life Sciences Digital Marketing team supporting effective customer journeys through our website from various digital marketing initiatives. This position requires an innovator with demonstrable ability to drive the optimization and evolution of a data driven team while carrying the technical abilities to proactively learn and adopt new web capabilities into our digital infrastructure.
What will you do?
- Coordinate regularly with various teams in effort to define and optimize operational efficiencies across all web initiatives in support of digital marketing campaigns.
- Manage new content updates and publishing across multiple content management platforms.
- Develop new pages, setup/configure information architecture as well as load and update content and images within Adobe Experience Manager (AEM).
- Handle routine site maintenance and update all content/copy (including regionalization) as needed.
- Provide recommendations to enhance user experience, conversion rates, good SEO practices, and brand consistency within the site.
- Help triage bugs and work-item requests and assign them to correct owner.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or related work experience accepted.
- Experience working or participating in an internship program for a Global Marketing team.
- Experience managing website content updates and publishing/editorial workflows, preferably within AEM & Touch UI (desired).
- Basic understanding of SEO principles; and familiar with HTML and CSS (desired).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to support web operations in a highly matrixed environment while delivering high-quality execution.
- Functional understanding of site construction, configuration, and maintenance.
- Thorough understanding of web layout and presentation efficiencies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Can clearly and proactively communicate with individuals across multiple teams and departments.
- Resourceful, standout colleague, high energy and flexible.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills with the ability to work on concurrent projects.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Accessibility
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
Thermo Fisher does not offer employment in this position to holders of F-1, J-1, H-1, OPT, and CPT Visas for the purpose of obtaining practical experience.