Sustaining Engineering Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation.
We’ve created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth. We embrace the unique qualities and differences of each of our professionals, providing them with the freedom and support to enable cutting-edge, diverse thinking.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 70,000 employees the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. The customers we serve fall within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Summary of Internship
The Engineering Internship position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing an electrical, mechanical, or like engineering degree to get hands on experience working with engineers in a fast-paced product optimizing and improvement environment. The intern will contribute to productivity projects and advance best design practices. The position starts in May, paid working 40 hours per week through August (Summer Semester).
* Provide engineering support related to product development projects including testing and design
* Support a variety of engineering activities and may be assigned to a variety of engineering tasks throughout the department
* Provide feedback on specifications and designs
* Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
* Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
* Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
* Student currently enrolled in classes leading to a ABET accredited degree in an Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline
* SolidWorks or similar CAD experience preferred