Sr. Python Developer - Gas Group
Sr. Python Developer
Location: Santa Clara, CA (Hybrid)
Job Term: Full-Time
Picarro is seeking an accomplished Sr. Software Engineer, to help in designing and building the next generation of our recently introduced flagship suite of products for Picarro. Picarro is building transformational data analytics platform that allows the customer to conduct analytics based on data collected by Picarro’s sensors.
This position requires a passionate Sr. Software Engineer to design, develop and install software solutions.
Sr. Software Engineer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code in various languages, like Python, C# etc. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
Ultimately, the role of the Senior Software Engineer is to design and build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
Our culture encourages you to create innovative solutions and gives you the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest in the industry.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Passionate about developing high quality software in a distributed team environment
- 4+ yrs. hands-on experience in programming languages like Python, C#, Java
- Hands-on experience on SQL databases like SQL server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Hand-on experience in developing REST APIs using Python
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Hands-on experience in working on NoSQL solutions like DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Experience in designing and developing distributed computing applications
- Hands-on experience in designing solutions on AWS/GCP cloud
- Experience in Dockers based containers and Kubernetes based orchestration system
- Experience on Distributed Computing Frameworks like Spark Airflow, Kafka
Picarro, Inc. is the world's leading producer of greenhouse gas and optical stable isotope instruments, which are used in a wide variety of scientific and industrial applications, including: atmospheric science, air quality, greenhouse gas measurements, gas leak detection, food safety, hydrology, ecology and more. The company's products are all designed and manufactured at Picarro's Santa Clara, California headquarters and exported to countries worldwide. Picarro's products are based on dozens of patents related to cavity ring-down spectroscopy (CRDS) technology. Picarro’s solutions are unparalleled in their precision, ease of use, portability, and reliability.
Honors awarded the Company include the World Economic Forum Technology Innovation Pioneer, IHS CERA Energy Innovation Pioneer, the U.S. Department of Energy Small Business of the Year, the TiE50 Winner and the Red Herring Global 100 Winner. Key investors include Benchmark Capital Partners, Greylock Management Corporation, Duff, Ackerman & Goodrich, Stanford University, Focus Ventures, Mingxin China Growth Ltd., NTT Finance and Weston Presidio Capital.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, social orientation, nor on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referral.