Transmission Cost & Preformance Internship
** START DATE SUMMER 2023
The Transmission Internship Program is a 3-month program designed to provide you with an opportunity for career development, training, and varied work experience. Throughout this program, you will gain training and experience working in assigned area of the Transmission business such as:
• Transmission Project Management and Construction (CT, MA, NH)
• Transmission Cost & Preformance (CT)
• Transmission Planning & Scheduling (MA, NH)
• Transmission Contract Controls (NH)
As an intern, you will assist in managing transmission projects to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Work closely with personnel throughout the Eversource Company to engineer, design, site, permit, and construct assigned projects. This intern position also assists project managers with securing approval for permits and licenses, budgets materials, contractors, and other resources. Your primary duties include assisting the management of all aspects of assigned projects including the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design, and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and equipment; and ensuring all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Duties will include project close out, support Project Managers in project documentation and other duties as assigned by the Managers.
- Communicates and provides clear, concise, and comprehensive status reports on assigned tasks or project segments to the Project Manager as required.
- Maintain compliance documentation and evidence within the corporate database to ensure material is accurate and available for regulatory audits
- Coordinate regulatory audit preparation activities to ensure potential non-compliance issues are identified and corrected
- Assist with developing processes, procedural controls, and implementation mechanisms for achieving and sustaining compliance with all applicable standard requirements
- Consult with operational personnel regarding compliance standards in order to maintain an environment of continuous improvement to operations and reliability
- Work on projects that will help develop analytical, audit, research, testing and validation skills
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
- Limited travel will be required between office, project sites, and stakeholder locations.
- Work will require visiting field construction sites including high voltage substations and utility Rights-of-Way.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex documents
- Ability to analyze data and information and extract relevant factors
- Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization
- Ability to assist with answering data requests for regulatory bodies
- Ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously
- Initiative and personal ownership
- Strong team membership skills, Interpersonal communication skills & attention to detail
- Functional understanding of computerized business systems
- Independent in performing & figuring out how to accomplish challenging tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or Business-related degrees.
Check out this video to find out what it’s like to work on our growing Transmission team!