2023 Summer College Intern - Drilling & Completions
Trinity Operating, LLC is an independent oil and natural gas company engaged in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas from onshore properties within the U.S. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we are a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun. Our focus is to maintain high operations of explorations in Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas. Are you interested in delivering clean-burning natural gas to customers? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
The Drilling and Completions (D&C) intern will report to a director or manager within the D&C team. The successful candidate may be tasked with supporting our engineering and field operations teams in a broad range of tasks such as daily reporting, data analytics, application support, cost management and engineering projects.
The D&C intern will be located at Gas Infrastructure Downtown Houston Office (CCH). This position would be expected to make trips to Trinity field sites in South Texas, North Louisiana, or Southeastern Oklahoma. A typical summer would include multiple daily and weekly tasks, 1-3 trips to field, and at least 1 large project that is intended to have a meaningful impact for the team. Each intern will be assigned a mentor to provide guidance and support with project.
An ideal candidate would have the following skills:
- Strong competency in data analytics, including experience with tools like Spotfire, PowerBI, SQL, Python.
- Must be willing and able to work independently when necessary to accomplish goals
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills. Often the large summer project will require working across functions or teams to accomplish the objective.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize work and complete a meaningful engineering project in relatively short amount of time.
- Prior experience in the Upstream Energy industry is a strong plus
- Willing to travel to remote fields sites as needed
- High proficiency in MS Office software (Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Candidates studying for degrees in Mechanical, Petroleum, or Civil engineering are preferred
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Intern
Job Category: Intern
Organization: Trinity Operating, LLC.
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.