Ignite IT Digital Leadership Rotation Program
NextEra Energy Resources is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy’s world-class Information Technology (IT) organization, with over 1200 talented team members, supports operations in renewable energy development (wind, solar, battery storage), power generation, power marketing & trading, power delivery, customer service, finance, accounting, HR and others. As our renewable energy generation business grows, NextEra Energy is recruiting IT professionals at the beginning of their careers with the aim of developing them into future leaders.
We offer a 2-year rotational program that will expose you to 4 roles in IT, such as: application development, mobile app development, cybersecurity, IT architecture, infrastructure, cloud technology, DevOps automation, Agile teams, business intelligence, data analytics, visualization, and/or AI & machine learning.
Learn more about the Ignite Leadership Program: www.nee.com/ilp and our company: www.nee.com. Rotational positions could be in either of our two main subsidiaries: NextEra Energy Resources or Florida Power & Light and are based in either the Juno Beach/Jupiter area or Miami area.
The new Ignite Leadership Program rotation associates will start in either February or August 2023.
As an Ignite Rotation Associate, you will interact with experts in their disciplines while learning technical skills in roles such as:
- Agile Scrum Team
- Cloud Computing
- Data Analytics
- Digital Transformation/ Analytics
- IT Programmer Analyst
- IT Business Analyst
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Web and mobile app development
- Dashboard design, data visualization, end user experience
After 2 years and 4 rotations you will be placed in a role that best matches your career interests and supports the needs of the business.
In collaboration with a trained management team, you will:
- Learn and understand the business, key operational drivers, technology issues and related market forces for the assigned functional area
- Demonstrate initiative, a strong drive to succeed, take ownership of assigned tasks and meet aggressive deadlines
- Develop and integrate new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and business processes
- Analyze business processes, gather requirements, design, develop, test, debug and implement applications and systems
- Maintain and/or enhance existing or new systems to ensure reliability and efficiency
- Build strong working relationships across the organization to ensure business partner support in assigned functional areas
- Execute special projects (e.g., software implementations, process automation, Six Sigma projects, Agile projects)
Candidates should be new or recent graduates, within two years of having completed either a bachelor's degree or master's degree in a computer science-related field. A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems (MIS), Data Analytics or other IT-related degree strongly preferred. Preference is given to candidates who have successfully completed an internship at NextEra Energy. Otherwise, completion of a corporate internship is strongly preferred. Involvement in leadership roles such as in student organizations or volunteer organizations is strongly preferred.
You should possess the following performance attributes and competencies:
- Leadership aptitude – desire and initiative to ultimately progress into a team leadership role; often demonstrated by involvement as a leader in student organizations.
- Driven – self-motivated, goal oriented and a bias for action
- Problem solver – ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Professional skills – excellent communication skills, good judgment, committed to excellence and personal growth
- Innovation mindset – interest in applying new knowledge to create innovative solutions
- Team player – collaborative orientation; focused on team success over personal gain
- Process & project management – strong planning and organizational skills
- Integrity – compliance with all legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies
Throughout the program, you will further develop:
- Technical skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Leadership skills in a collaborative team environment
Come learn and grow with the renewable energy industry leader and jumpstart your career in IT!
Employees in this position participate in four six-month job rotations in different specialties in the Information Technology (IT) business unit, as part of the Ignite Digital Leadership Program.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in all assigned activities for the purpose of learning about various technological functions
- Gains understanding of IT business unit interactions, both internally and externally
- Makes impactful contributions that benefit both the business and the participant
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.