2023 - Co-op, Platform, Biological Science, Formulation Discovery, Immunoepigentics, and RNA Science
The Moderna Research Co-op program is a 6-month experiential training program for students currently working towards an undergraduate or advanced degree in life sciences. During the co-op you will learn about the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and gain valuable hands-on experience in one of the most bold and relentless companies on earth. You will work under the supervision of an experienced Moderna team member and have opportunities for cross-team collaboration, networking, and mentorship. You will develop and refine a variety of skills including learning lab safety techniques, utilizing common lab equipment, designing experiments, pipetting, measuring, and record keeping.
If you are bold, relentless, collaborative and obsess over learning, a co-op at Moderna will help augment your research experience and accelerate your career.
Our winter/spring co-op program is from January 9 – June 16, 2023. All applicants must be available for the entire duration of the program.
Below is an overview of the teams that you can be a part of as a co-op! Your resume will be considered across all these focus areas.
- Biological Science
- Formulation Discovery
- RNA Science
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or advanced degree program in Biology, Chemistry, Computational Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, or Bioengineering-related majors are encouraged to apply.
- Technical experience in the following areas is preferred: cell and/or tissue culture, cell transfection, protein detection methods (e.g., MSD, ELISA, LC-MS), assay development and troubleshooting.
- Basic lab capabilities, such as pipetting and buffer preparation, are desired.
- Prior experience with basic cell and molecular biology techniques (Cell culture, DNA and RNA extraction, Polymerase Chain Reaction, etc.) and associated detection methods (e.g., fluorescence, luminescence) is desired.
- Prior co-op or internship experience is favorable.
- Self-motivated and possess the desire to drive a project to completion.
- Flexible and can work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Legal authorization to work in the US
Moderna is pleased to provide you with an innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Free premium access to meditation and mindfulness classes
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Generous paid time off, including:
- Vacation, sick time and holidays
- Volunteer time to participate within your community
- Discretionary winter shut down
- Location-specific perks and extras!