2023 - Co-op, Oncology Research
The Moderna Research Co-op program is a 6-month experiential training program for students currently working towards an undergraduate or Advanced Degree in life sciences. During the co-op you will learn about the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and gain valuable hands-on experience in one of the most bold and relentless companies on earth. You will work under the supervision of a an experienced Moderna team member and have opportunities for cross-team collaboration, networking, and mentorship. You will develop laboratory skills including lab safety techniques, common lab equipment, experimental design, pipetting, measuring, and record keeping.
If you are bold, relentless, collaborative and obsess over learning, a co-op at Moderna will help augment your research experience and accelerate your career.
Our winter/spring co-op program is from January 9 – June 16, 2023. All applicants must be available for the entire duration of the program.
Here’s What You’ll Do
Oncology Research: Be part of the team developing new mRNA-based drugs for cancer therapy and gain knowledge of preclinical cancer models and toxicology models. Use cell and molecular biology techniques to characterize mRNA products, their activity, and/or relevant biomarkers in vitro and in vivo to support early preclinical research, IND-enabling studies, and/or translational research.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or advanced degree program in Biology, Chemistry, Computational Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, or Bioengineering-related majors are encouraged to apply.
- Technical experience in the following areas: tissue culture, cell transfection, protein detection methods (MSD, ELISA), assay development and troubleshooting. Basic lab procedures such as pipetting and solution preparation
- Prior experience with basic cell and molecular biology techniques (Cell culture, DNA and RNA extraction, Polymerase Chain Reaction etc.)
- Prior co-op or internship experience is preferred
- Self-motivated and possess the desire to drive a project to completion. Flexible and can work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Legal authorization to work in the US
Moderna is pleased to provide you with an innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Free premium access to meditation and mindfulness classes
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Generous paid time off, including:
- Vacation, sick time and holidays
- Volunteer time to participate within your community
- Discretionary winter shut down
- Location-specific perks and extras!