2023 Co-op, Portfolio Analytics and Governance
The Program & Portfolio Management (P&PM) Office at Moderna is responsible for management of the development portfolio from lead nomination to licensure. This role will report to either the Director of Portfolio Analytics & Governance, or the AD of Portfolio Analytics, and support the team as we build out exciting new capabilities within PA&G. The role will give a candidate exposure to a dynamic organization that is evolving to support the generation of actionable insights and data-driven decision making across the growing portfolio. The candidate will increase their knowledge of the drug development process and learn how data and analytics can be a value driver for Clinical Development. Additionally, the successful candidate will gain exposure to key cross-functional stakeholders within the Clinical Development Organization, Informatics, Finance, Strategy, and Program Management.
Key responsibilities include analytical support on capability projects (resource management, clinical trial forecasting) and helping drive the adoption of new tools for efficiently managing our resources across our growing pipeline. Specifically, the tools we are building support teams to forecast headcount demand, and highlight gaps, as well as effectively forecast and budget financial resources on programs and clinical trials as operational assumptions evolve.
Our winter/spring co-op program is from January 9 – June 16, 2023. All applicants must be available for the entire duration of the program.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
A key project will include supporting the adoption of a new capability for budgeting and forecasting our clinical trial expenses.
- Support workstream(s) to upscale our clinical trial budgeting and forecasting capabilities across the portfolio within CDO
- Collaborate with key functions such as PA&G, Clinical Trial Excellence (CTE), Clinical Operations and Finance to improve our operating model and adoption of new tools
- Refine training and communication plans
- Support the development long range plan (LRP) process over the summer, including but not limited to modeling and analysis of resource demand tied to the portfolio in our new iPM tool
- Support adoption and continuous improvement of our resource management toolset
- Support the portfolio analytics and governance team in day to day operations
- Assist in resolving business challenges using systems and data
- Learn more about mRNA drug development, the CDO organization and Moderna
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Enrolled in a full-time Master’s program, or Master’s of finance graduate, with at least 1-2 years of experience working for pharmaceutical/biotech company in finance, business operations, analytics & insights, or a similar function
- Academic or professional background in a business discipline (e.g. finance, economics) or discipline related to drug discovery and development (e.g., biology, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Curious, independent self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Preferred: Experience with data visualization and dashboard tools (Spotfire, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Preferred: Working knowledge of clinical development
Moderna is pleased to provide you with an innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Free premium access to meditation and mindfulness classes
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Generous paid time off, including:
- Vacation, sick time and holidays
- Volunteer time to participate within your community
- Discretionary winter shut down
- Location-specific perks and extras!