2023 Intern, Clinical Data Management
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starting student who will enjoy learning about the inner workings of the Pharmaceutical Industry regarding Therapeutic Area and Disease Indication (Central Data monitoring) data collection processes and procedures for clinical trials. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping develop new Clinical Data Standards Metadata library along with supporting the automation tasks within the data management department
This position will work with the Data Management department to define and produce standardized metadata
for data collection, along with utilizing the MDR (Metadata repository) to lead to the data management automation effort.
We offer one Summer Internship start date on June 5, 2023. The program is 10-12 weeks in duration. Candidates must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks to participate in the program.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Participate in planning, testing, and implementation of automating clinical data systems and data transfers.
- Participate in process improvement and optimization efforts.
- Assist and learn about trend evaluation and escalations.
- Working within MDR application to develop collection metadata.
- Participate in central monitoring activities utilizing disparate datasets.
- Process documentation in a compliant environment.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Candidates must be pursuing a minimum of an associate's degree from an accredited educational institution. Preferred courses of study include health science, biological sciences, clinical research, life sciences and public health.
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, and independent.
- Desire to utilize technology daily.
- Willingness to learn about metadata, XML, CDISC, Clinical Data Collection, and new MDR application.
- Curiosity of what conclusions can be drawn from looking at large and small data sets.
- Research oriented mindset including critical thinking skills, or desire to develop these.
- Excellent organizational, record keeping, oral and written communication skills.
- Team player, detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to follow directions to complete assigned tasks under close supervision and independently.
- Willingness to report problems and solicit directions from Supervisor.
Moderna is pleased to provide you with an innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Free premium access to meditation and mindfulness classes
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Generous paid time off, including:
- Vacation, sick time and holidays
- Volunteer time to participate within your community
- Discretionary winter shut down
- Location-specific perks and extras!