2023 Intern, Global Quality Systems and Compliance
The Moderna Global Quality Systems and Compliance Intern Program is a 10-12 week experiential training program for students currently working towards an undergraduate or Advanced Degree in life sciences. During the internship you will learn about the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and gain valuable hands-on experience in one of the most bold and relentless companies on earth. You will work under the supervision of a an experienced Moderna team member and have opportunities for cross-team collaboration, networking and mentorship. You will develop skills in regulatory assessment, quality systems applied across product lifecycle and Moderna’s unique platform approach. Key focus areas include regulatory intelligence, quality system performance monitoring through digital systems, data analysis and audit, training program and content development, change management, and engagement with and oversight of key partners.
If you are bold, relentless, collaborative and obsess over learning, an internship at Moderna will help augment your research experience and accelerate your career.
We offer one Summer Internship start date on June 5, 2023. The program is 10-12 weeks in duration. Candidates must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks to participate in the program.
Here is an overview of the teams you can be a part of as a co-op! Your resume will be considered across all of these focus areas.
Global Quality Systems: Join the Global Quality Systems team to assist in key projects spanning the full spectrum of quality system support including system and product monitoring, risk analysis and management, digital systems, change management, continuous improvement, communication strategy models. Contribute to strategic global quality systems projects including training, qualification and certification programs.
Global Audit and Compliance Increased understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory landscape and support regulatory surveillance activities. Develop competence in regulatory compliance and application to process technologies. Contribute to global compliance projects including support of the internal auditor qualification program.
Global Supplier Management and External Engagement: Be part of the team engaging with the extended network supporting global product realization for the current and future product pipeline. Develop skills managing contract development and manufacturing organizations to accelerate and expand access to products. Work with a senior leader to connect with international partners as well as to monitor emerging topics from regulators and industry forums to inform the global organization.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or advanced degree program in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, or Bioengineering-related majors are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: technical writing, laboratory method/process development and optimization, instrumentation calibration, use and maintenance, biochemical process development and optimization
- Prior experience participating in Professional Pharma Industry organizations (e.g. PDA, ISPE, RAPS, AAPS, DIA)
- Prior co-op or internship experience is preferred
- Self-motivated and possess the desire to drive a project to completion. Flexible and can work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Legal authorization to work in the US