2023 Co-op, Software Engineer
Reporting to the Sr. Software Engineer, Informatics, this is an exciting opportunity to be a critical part of Moderna’s growing Informatics team, in a high-growth organization that is radically changing the biotech industry. This position will assist with overall software automation support of high-throughput pre-clinical operations, specifically DNA Production Ops and Quality (mRNA and formulated mRNA). The candidate will have the chance to meet and work directly with a broad range of scientific stakeholders across the various digital functions to understand their process/needs and shape requirements of new solutions.
Our co-op program dates are from January 9th, 2023 – June 16th, 2023. Candidates must be available for the entire duration of the program.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Attend customer meetings: requirements-gathering, progress updates, demos.
- Design planning/review sessions with the team based on customer requirements throughout project lifecycle
- Collaborative coding/pair-programming sessions
- Code review sessions for moderate to major tasks/project development milestones
- Regular progress reports in daily standup meetings
- Present a final report on work achieved and business value of final product
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited BS program in IT, biotechnology, engineering, or life science discipline, junior year preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a passion for continuous learning
- Hands-on and inquisitive, not afraid to ask questions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amount of information with attention to details and accuracy
- Strong cross-discipline communication skills (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal skills with a strong desire to proactively form new relationships
- Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)