2023 Co-op, Epidemiology/Program Management
Moderna is a fast-paced biotechnology company. The objective of this Co-op at Moderna is to gain a high-level understanding of vaccine development, particularly in the areas of epidemiology and program management. The Co-op will learn how a biotechnology company assesses and reviews epidemiology information to inform the strategic direction of the program.
The Co-op will work on the RSV team at Moderna. In particular, the RSV Co-op will support the Lead Epidemiologist to monitor surveillance and characterize the burden of RSV around the world, and assist in deliverables to provide a decision framework for senior leadership. The Co-op will also provide program management support which may include tasks such as writing and delivering meeting minutes, developing timelines, and organizing meetings.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Learn how Epidemiology supports all phases of vaccine clinical development
- Conduct RSV surveillance and generate evidence-based recommendations
- Review literature on the burden of RSV disease and assess gaps
- Learn how to use PM tools (e.g., smartsheet, MSProject, ThinkCell, excel) as a means to provide direction for your team
- Be introduced to the cross-functional team and key functional leads
- Develop a base knowledge of mRNA drug development and decision-making for infectious disease and vaccines.
- Provide project management support for burden of disease requests that are used to build submissions to Regulatory Authorities across the world. These requests are often urgent and last-minute.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Currently enrolled candidate for BS or BA in life sciences, business, mathematics, computer science, public health, or pharmaceutical-related field. Epidemiology concentration, experience, or interest preferred.
- Strong interest in learning about epidemiology, vaccine clinical development, and/or program management as a career
- Must be curious, eager, open to learning, and independent.
- Technical skills: MS office and especially excel. SAS or R may be helpful, but not required.
- Personal attributes: meets timelines, team player, ability to take direction, good communication skills, can work under pressure and meet urgent deadlines.