Accountant Full-Time (Chemicals Business)
Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine, and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals, and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2021 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America
Oxy strives to attract and retain talented employees by investing in their professional development and providing rewarding opportunities for personal growth. Our goal is to meet the highest employer standards by ensuring the health and safety of our employees, protecting the environment, and positively impacting our communities where we do business.
In this entry-level accounting position that supports our OxyChem business in the Dallas corporate office, you will:
- Support plant controllers and performing multiple functions of cost accounting
- Perform inventory accounting and reconciliations including LIFO/FIFO calculations and analysis
- Complete Physical inventory trips to plants/warehouses/terminals and subsequent analysis/reconciliation of the product count
- Perform sales & cost of sales analysis
- Analyze of monthly balance sheet and P&L account activity as well as cash flow analysis including preparation of working capital and other sources and uses
- Be exposed to General Ledger Accounting including payroll, fringe benefits, insurance, PP&E, cash and receivables
- Assist with SAP and financial reporting systems to streamline accounting functions and provide financial information for analytical purposes
- Provide General Accounting support and Financial close responsibility for business segments including preparation and consolidation of Financial Statements for these businesses
- Must apply to Oxy’s job application at https://www.oxy.com/careers/explore-careers/students/ in order to be considered
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (min 18 hours of accounting credit)
- Must have a graduation date of Dec 2022 – May 2023
- Must maintain minimum cumulative 2.85 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum 2 extracurricular, leadership and/or work activities
- Desire to pursue a career as an Accountant in the chemicals industry
- Dallas, TX
- Competitive salary
- Begin investing to your 401(K) and Retirement on your first day with combined 14% company matching
- Relocation Assistance and/or fully-furnished Corporate Housing provided, if applicable
- 9/80 Work Schedule. Enjoy a 3-day weekend every other week!
- Hybrid work schedule
- Pregnancy/Bonding Leave and Family Care Leave
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.