Intern, Electrical Engineer
This position is responsible for assisting and performing a variety of engineering duties, including design and maintenance of new electrical, instrumentation and control systems and upgrades, continuous improvement of current production processes, and evaluation of new technologies. This position will be a technical expert in plant instrumentation and control systems and electrical infrastructure at all REG facilities.
- Assist the Electrical Engineer to;
- Write specifications for fit form and function electrical, instrumentation and controls for existing plants and new projects.
- Evaluate new equipment for use in capital projects and/or end of life replacements for currently installed components.
- Work with Process and construction Engineers on control strategies for new and existing systems.
- Work with Process and construction Engineers to create instrumentation specifications
- Specify equipment based on electrically classified locations.
- Assist in the specification reviews of Safety Instrumented Systems Review and develop maintenance procedures.
- Review proposals to ensure all planned purchases meet REG specifications and applicable codes
- Establish maintenance procedures for all electrical, instrumentation and controls
- Manage upgrades of all electrical equipment, instrumentation and controls
Perform other duties as assigned
Education Required: Junior or Senior in an accredited 4 year bachelor’s degree program in electrical engineering or other discipline plus experience.
Experience Required: None
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
Knowledge of the NEC NFPA 70
Special skills or knowledge preferred:
ISA or other professional certifications
Emerson AMS Asset Management Suite
Various HMI, PLC and Control systems including Rockwell, Allen Bradley, and Delta V
Various Instrumentation including E&H and Rosemount
- Be available for daily work and overtime as required
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers (oral and written)
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and in a timely manner