GIS Software Developer
DNV is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to drive the geospatial integration capabilities of the next generation of our industry leading Synergi Gas and Liquids products. If you have 3+ years of software development experience, knowledge and understanding of Esri’s Utility Network solutions, and you want to be involved in building products that are in daily use around the globe, an immediate job position with long term opportunities awaits you.
Aligned to our company’s purpose to “safeguard life, property and the environment”, our Synergi hydraulic modeling products are used by natural gas and water utilities as well as natural gas and petroleum pipeline companies, to plan the safe and efficient operations of their asset infrastructure. Our next generation products will integrate seamlessly with Esri’s Utility Network, allowing our clients to construct the hydraulic models that are core to our products’ world class analytical engines in a highly efficient manner.
What you’ll do
- Lead efforts in product design and deployment strategies involving the publishing and consumption of Esri GIS services in an enterprise environment
- Software design and development tasks in a SCRUM environment with an emphasis on the integration and processing of Esri’s Utility Network utilizing REST services
- Light system administration duties to maintain our development lab’s ArcGIS Enterprise servers that support the product development effort
- Development and maintenance of internal enterprise datasets enabling us to test various Utility Network configurations, rules, and integration strategies.
- Educate developers and analysts in GIS industry direction, best practices, tools, and technologies based on real world GIS industry experiences
- Stay abreast of advancements in geospatial technologies and assist our Product Managers in establishing future product strategies involving this technology.
What is required
- Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields
- Gas, water, or pipeline industry GIS deployment experience
- GIS Enterprise server (e.g., Esri) design, implementation, administration
- GIS programming solution development with medium to high level programming experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C#, Visual Basic, C++
- SQL programming and query building
- Experience writing integrations that use third party REST APIs
- Esri skills: ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, Utility Network
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
- Utility and Pipeline Data Model (UPDM) or other industry standard data models such as APDM, PODS, etc.
- Development environment: Visual Studio, Git, Azure DevOps
- Relational database (e.g., SQL Server) design, implementation, administration
- Azure cloud environment development and deployment
- Application deployment using CI/CD
- Familiarity with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Agile development methodology
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
What We Offer
- Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
- Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
- Spending Accounts – FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
- 401(K) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Education reimbursement program
- Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
**Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election