Liquid Pipeline Engineer
DNV Digital Solutions is looking for a Liquid Pipeline Engineer.
This position is based in our Mechanicsburg, PA or Houston office, where most employees work a hybrid schedule that balances the needs of the team and their own preferences.
What You’ll Do
Engineering consulting work will be related to implementation and support of the DNV Synergi Pipeline Hydraulics product line including Synergi Pipeline Simulator (SPS) primarily through the implementation, development and tuning of hydraulic pipeline computer models for transmission pipeline system. Engineering analysis of natural gas distribution systems may also fall into the project portfolio for this position.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, particularly hydraulic analysis.
- Utilizes advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of their field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Under the technical guidance of senior engineers:
- Participates in technical projects
- Takes on technical problems and applies methods to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work
- Assesses and recommends technical solutions
- Grows expertise in one or more major technical areas related to pipeline engineering
- Integrates solutions to meet larger project objectives
- Collecting and interpreting data for pipeline systems to be modeled
- Developing and tuning pipeline models for steady state and transient studies for single phase liquids and gas piping system;
- Performing simulations and interpreting results from the pipeline models;
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals and scopes of work for potential implementation and model building engagements;
- Assisting with cost estimates for engineering projects;
- Preparing engineering reports and documentation;
- Identifying potential out-of-scope activities on engineering projects;
- Perform engineering tasks as required and assigned by the Project Managers for assigned projects;
- Providing product and solution training and customer support;
- Providing sales and marketing activity support for the product line, as assigned
What is Required
- BS in Civil, Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum Engineering
- Recent grad or up to 5 years work experience in civil and/or hydraulic engineering in an operating utility and/or consulting/engineering firm
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications or related software
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally to support SPS project engagements
- Willingness and ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug test and background check
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
What is preferred
- Experience with the Synergi Pipeline Simulation Software (SPS) or similar hydraulic modelling software
- Experience working with computer models of pipeline systems
- Proficient with Python and/or other scripting languages
- Experience with IT and installations
- Familiarity with SCADA technology as deployed within the Pipeline industry
- Working knowledge of databases. Able to setup basic queries in applications such as Oracle or Access.
- Experienced in the use of at least one Geographic Information System (GIS) application. Basic knowledge of GIS.
- *Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*